Plastimo Mini Contest Bulkhead Compass - Black 55405
NZ $299.00incl GST
For sailboats up to 9mtrs (30')
To match the new cockpit designs, Plastimo has revamped the Mini Contest, one of its historically most popular compasses. The latest in the range, the Mini Contest boasts a more modern look and a new conical card for improved reading comfort. Card
• Excellent readability whatever the weather conditions and light.
• Conical, highly stable, 81-mm apparent diameter.
• Individually balanced.
• Graduation every 5° and compact figures for easy reading.
3 lubber lines
For dependable readings even when steering windward.
• One-piece moulded flange and front dome.
• Viton® diaphragm with extreme expansion and retraction capacity : compensates the fluctuations in fluid volume caused by differences in temperature and atmospheric pressure, thus preventing the formation of bubbles.
• All parts fully UV-ray treated.
• Scratch resistant dome.
12V-bulb integrated in the front flange, spreading the illumination evenly over dome and card, and preventing eye strain and fatigue at night. Easy access to the light bulb from the front of the compass.
Vertical bulkhead :
• Mini Contest 2 is compatible with Mini Contest drilling Ø.
• Fits any bulkhead thickness :
- standard thickness (40 mm max) : the compass is secured with threaded rods
- thick or double bulkhead : the compass is secured with Parker screws on both sides of the bulkhead.
Hole diameter for mounting through bulkhead - 90mm
The compass comes complete with a template for installation