Manoverboard Mk9 15minute Smoke and Light Marker c/w Bracket
NZ $1,100.00incl GST
· Designed for attachment to an emergency lifebuoy by a lanyard, and when released indicates position by dense orange smoke and two lithium battery powered lights.
Flares - Distress, Comet
The Pains Wessex Manoverboard MK9 Lifebuoy Marker is normally mounted on a Ships Bridge Wing attached to a 4 kg Lifebuoy. It is automatically or manually deployed to mark the position of a person in the water by day or night. Featuring a self-activated lighting system which exceeds SOLAS requirements for 2 candela light output and 2 hours duration, plus providing 15 minutes of dense orange smoke. Ships are required to fit at least two markers. Application:
Used in an emergency to mark position of a man overboard by day or night. Deployed by attached 4 kg lifebuoy. Provides 15 minutes of dense orange smoke. Far exceeds SOLAS requirements of 2 hours at 2 candela for light output and duration. Safe to use on petrol or oil covered water. Lithium battery sealed for life - no annual replacement. Automatic or manual deployment. Universal stainless steel mounting bracket. Tested to survive a 60m drop into water (SOLAS 30m). Ideal for use on ships or rigs with high freeboard. Product Specification:
· Height: 453mm (17.83 ins)
· Diameter: 275 mm (10.83 ins)
· Weight: 4.7 kg (10.36 lbs)
· Weight - including bracket: 6.7 kg (14.77 lbs)
· Lamps (bulbs): 2 x 2.4v 1.2A
· Operating temp range: -1ºC - +30ºC
· Storing temp range: -30ºC - +65ºC
· Burning time: 15 minutes
· Colour of light: white
· Duration: 2 candela for 2 hours
· Use with lifebuoy weighing: 4.0 kg (8.82 lbs)
· Attach to lifebuoy with line: 4m (13ft) long, 9.5mm (0.37 ins) diameter
The supplied brand/model may vary to the listed flare brand due to supply issues & so we can get you the best prices & expiry dates! They will of course be of the same high quality. Please let us know if there is a problem & we will let you know pricing/availability on the original brand.
Expiration Dates: We will supply the most recent dates possible. However a few months, from date of manufacture can elapse due to time taken for transport to NZ & distribution. All Distress Flares carry a 3 year expiry date. This is due to the marine environment in which they are typically stored and because the pyrotechnic performance diminishes after that time.
Important Freight Note : Because of their pyrotechnic nature, distress flares will incur a 'Dangerous Goods Transport' charge as they require special transportation.
International Orders: Flares cannot be sent by post and can only be shipped by surface vessel.
We can quote freight costs.